Announcements:Want to see something added? Can you write a mobile app? Email Mr. Reynolds

About Benilde-St Margaret's


BSM is a premier Catholic, college-preparatory experience in the Twin Cities, serving 1,200 students in grades 7 through 12. We have an active alumni organization with many activities sponsored throughout the year. The Benilde-St. Margaret's community is grateful to its alumni for their continued support and for the role they have played in establishing a strong tradition of excellence.

About This Station

The station is powered by a Rainwise weather station. The data is collected every 5 seconds and the site is updated every 5 seconds. This site and its data is collected using Weather Display Software. The station is comprised of an anemometer, a rain gauge and a thermo-hydro sensor situated in optimal positions for highest accuracy possible.

It was dontated to Mr. Reynolds by Bill Turgeon of Sauk Rapids, MN. He owned the station for three years before the change.
Mr. Reynolds is in charge of the weather station. He just started as an 8th grade Sceince teacher at BSM.

About St. Louis Park

Two of the village's landowners and five businessmen from Minneapolis created the St. Louis Park Land and Improvement Company, the city's first developer.
In 1886 and 1887, they platted three subdivisions. In 1890, lumber baron Thomas Barlow Walker and a group of wealthy Minneapolis industrialists incorporated the Minneapolis Land and Investment Company to focus industrial development in Minneapolis. Walker's company also began developing St. Louis Park for industrial, commercial and residential use. Generally, development progressed outward from the original village center at the intersection of the Minneapolis and St. Louis Railroad (now CP Rail) with Wooddale Avenue. However, this concentric pattern wasn't strong and was overtaken by Minneapolis expansion. By 1883, the western boundary of Minneapolis was at France Avenue. The Minneapolis city boundary may have continued to expand westward had it not been for St. Louis Park's 1886 incorporation. In August of 1886, 31 people signed a petition asking county commissioners to incorporate the Village of St. Louis Park. The petition was officially registered on Nov. 19, 1886. By incorporating, these citizens hoped to turn this small community into a boom town. Around 1890, the village had more than 600 industrial jobs, the majority associated with agriculture implement manufacturing. By 1893, the downtown area of St. Louis Park had three hotels and many newly arrived companies surrounded the downtown. The St. Louis Park Tennis Club financial panic of 1893 altered the developer's plans and put a damper on the village's growth. Walker left St. Louis Park to pursue other business ventures. In 1899, St. Louis Park became the home to the world's first concrete, tubular grain elevator and provided an alternative to combustible wooden elevators. Despite the nickname of "Peavey's Folly" and dire predictions that the elevator would burst like a balloon when the grain was drawn off, the experiment worked and concrete elevators have been used ever since. You can still see this former grain elevator (which is now on the Historic Landmark Register). It's the tall chimney-like Nordic Ware tower near Highway 7 and 100. In 1954, voters approved a home rule charter that gave St. Louis Park the status of a city. That action enabled St. Louis Park to hire a city manager to assume some of the duties handled by the part-time city council. In those days, the primary concerns were the physical planning of St. Louis Park, updating zoning and construction codes, expanding sewer and water systems, paving streets, acquiring park land and building schools. Today, most of St. Louis Park is developed, and much of the focus has shifted from building infrastructure to improving it. St. Louis Park actively encourages
quality redevelopment and is a recognized leader in redevelopment aimed at creating livable communities, areas that are less reliant on cars and offer a mix of housing, shopping, entertainment and jobs within a short distance of one another. Learn more about the history of St. Louis Park on the St. Louis Park Historical Society website.

About BSM Weather

This site is a template design by CarterLake.org with PHP conversion by Saratoga-Weather.org.
Special thanks go to Kevin Reed at TNET Weather for his work on the original Carterlake templates, and his design for the common website PHP management.
Special thanks to Mike Challis of Long Beach WA for his wind-rose generator, Theme Switcher and CSS styling help with these templates.
Special thanks go to Ken True of Saratoga-Weather.org for the AJAX conditions display, dashboard and integration of the TNET Weather common PHP site design for this site.

Template is originally based on Designs by Haran.

This template is XHTML 1.0 compliant. Validate the XHTML and CSS of this page.

Thank you

Thank you to the following people for allowing me to do this at BSM.

Bill Turgeon-donating the weather station

Rikki Mortl-JH Principal

Dean Laird-Facilities Director

Brian Aubrey-Head Maintenance

Andrew Rueb-Maintenance

Nick Sperides-IT Director

Stephen Pohlen-Computer Guru

Adam Ehrmantraut-BSM President

Brian Hamilton-Author of Weather Display-for the free software

Dale Zastoupil, Bismarck ND Bismarkweather.net for donating the rain guage heater

https://www.gwwilkins.org/ for many of the page scripts